Wednesday, August 03, 2005

This Will Bring A Tear To Your Eye

My long-passed grandmother's birthday is coming up, and for me
it is a time to reminisce. The long walks we used to take. The
long drives, the special trips she would make to pick me up so
I could spend weekends with her, and the advice her used to
give!

Much was wasted because I was so young. If she were alive today
and sharing her pearls of wisdom, I'd be a better man.

Those gems were all good, but the one I remember most, the jewel
in the crown of grandmotherly advice, came when I was only 12.

We were sitting in a park, watching children and their mothers
enjoying a beautiful spring day. She told me that one day, I'd
find a woman and start my own family.

"And son," she said, "be sure you marry a woman with small hands."

"How come, Grandma?" I asked her.

And she answered, "Makes your pecker look bigger."

Kinda brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

No comments: