Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Democracy

de·moc·ra·cy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-mkr-s)n. pl. de·moc·ra·cies
Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
A political or social unit that has such a government.
The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
Majority rule.
The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community. I 've been reading a variety of different blogs lately. I have come to the conclusion that the meaning of Democracy is different for everybody. I am reading how this person wants right wing parties banned,and this one wants the left wing parties banned. We have people who don't like it when parents are upset that they have lost a child to a illegal war. If You don't vote actually You shouldn't even have the right to bitch.(LOL) I just think it is funny that if You want to ban a way of thinking does that make the problem go away? I get the feeling from these people some how they believe this. If the government in any country is doing its job then most of the people will be somewhat satisfied.The result being everybody has there say but most people stay towards the center. The problem with today is not new,look at the 60's. It is just time for change. Unfortunately what I think needs to be changed and what others want is two different things. I really do believe that when the world survives the next five years it will be a better place. Everybody should be able to have there say and no political party should be banned. If a extreme way of thinking is voted into office like in America right now, it will be dealt with sooner then later. This is not the first time right wing extremist have come to power and will not be the last. I think I know what I am talking about. I use to be a right wing nut case for about 30 years.always voted republican. I am believer that America should carry a big stick and walk quitely. We do not need to try to be modern day crusaders. The next big terrorist attack could be around the corner and.We are not fighting terrorism in Iraq We are fighting G.W. war. What anybody sees in a coke snorting drunk who thinks God talks to him is beyond me. I think it is funny 'cause when God talks to Me they change my medicine.(lol) So people rant and rave it is Your right if We live in a Democracy. Peace Greg

No comments: